PEG Writing is a premiere web-based writing program designed to help students in grades 3-12 develop effective writing skills and maximize teacher instruction. This online writing tool gives educators and students unlimited access to custom writing prompts, electronic graphic organizers, automated scoring, instant feedback, portfolios, and interactive student tutorials.
Logging in to your Account
- To log in to the PEG Writing site, click the User Login button located in the upper right corner of the welcome page.
- Enter your assigned username and password provided to you by your teacher.
- If you are only enrolled in one course, you will be taken to the home page for that course.
- If you are enrolled in multiple courses, you will be taken to the Select a Course page.
- To log in to the PEG Writing site from the Welcome page, click the User Login button in the upper right corner.
- Enter your user name and password.
- You are now on the Select a Course page.
- If you have more than one course, you will see all of the courses that are connected to your login credentials.
- The course home page displays important information about this course including Help Center and Frequently Asked Questions (at the bottom of the page), the Student Writing History, and the five main tabs for working in the course.
For School Administrators
- To log in to the PEG Writing site from the welcome page, click the User Login button in the upper right corner.
- Enter your user name and password. If you are registered as a school administrator at more than one school, you will be taken to the Select a School page where you can select a school to access and work within PEG Writing.
- After you select a school or if you are registered for only one single school, you will be taken immediately to the Manage School page.
For District Administrators
- District administrators will receive a secure user name and password to access the full writing website to help manage PEG Writing for the district.
- Upon logging in, district administrators can change their password, access the Help Center, adjust personal display settings, and access the four main action tabs for a district administrator: Schools, Prompts, Users, and Reports.
Changing Your Password
- To change your password, click your name at the top of the page.
- Click My Account to view the Account Information page.
- Type the current password and the new password. Type the new password again to confirm it.
- Click Save to save the changes.
Adjusting Your Display Settings
To adjust the display settings for your personal account, click the gear icon in the upper right corner to modify the default display settings:
- Font Size > increase the font size of the text displayed on the screen
- Color Contrast > change the contrast of the background/foreground screen colors
- Color Overlay > add a semi-transparent color over the text displayed on the screen
- Line Reader > displays a line of text while masking the areas above and below
- Undo > sets the above features back to the default display settings
You can find information about how to use PEG Writing by clicking Help at the bottom of all pages in the website. This displays the PEG Writing Help Center, which includes information on getting started with PEG Writing as well as specific information and resources related to your user role. The Help Center also includes resources such as example essays, rubrics, and printable graphic organizers.
If you are still having trouble after reading the online help, you can click the Contact Us link in the Help Center. Contact us by email or phone using the information displayed.
To sign out, click on your name at the top right corner of any page, and select Sign Out in the drop-down box. This will take you back to the PEG Writing Welcome Page.
Accessing the Lessons
You have access to nearly 40 interactive lessons to help improve your writing skills, as well as grammar and passage exercises for specific practice.
- Click on the Lessons tab to select and view a lesson.
- Use the filters to display the lessons by category and difficulty level.
- Click on the title or thumbnail and follow the instructions within each lesson.
- All lessons have a read-aloud feature. To hear the audio, click on the audio button or hover over the audio icon within the lesson.