- Added and refined rules for subject-verb agreement, homophones, and other conventions.
- Refined differentiation between words and non-words to avoid misidentifying words as non-words.
The following enhancement was included in the 7.2 release of PEG Writing:
Updated Evaluation feedback on Student Score Reports to reflect change from Sentence Structure to Sentence Fluency.
The following enhancement was included in the 7.1 release of PEG Writing:
- Updated Nightly Importer to preserve teacher-created course names
The following enhancements and bug fixes were included in the 7.0 release of PEG Writing:
- Updated the PEG engine scoring models
- Changed trait scores to show a decimal, rounded to the nearest tenth, rather than a whole number (see Using the Program and Its Features for more information)
- Updated accounts by closing last year’s courses and removing students from school assignments
- Added advanced filtering for the Average Monthly Scores report to show first drafts and last drafts
- Changed the Sentence Structure trait to Sentence Fluency in order to match the 6+1 Trait® Writing Model
- Updated some lesson text and audio; added read-aloud capability to those that had not had it before
- Updated titles for lessons "Transition Phrases" and "Using Self-Statements to Improve Argumentative Writing"
- Moved lesson "Writing an Essay" from Organization to Development of Ideas; moved lessons "Pronoun Agreement" and "Subject-Verb Agreement" from Sentence Structure/Fluency to Conventions
- Updated the lessons tab to order lessons alphabetically by title
- Updated the technical specifications to Mac OS X 10.11 or later; Ubuntu 14.04 or later; Chromebook 5.7 or later; iOS 10.2 or later; and Android 7.0 or later
The following enhancements and bug fixes were included in the 6.5 release of PEG Writing:
- Added more print features to allow teachers to print multiple essays per prompt.
- Added a new usage report to allow administrators to see the number of essay drafts for student, class, school, district, and/or state for each of the previous three school years.
- Changed essay character count to word count.
- Updated technical specifications for Android 5.0 or later.
- Updated text for the “Share prompt” confirmation message.
- Added a link to the login page for customers who have not yet signed up.
The following enhancements and bug fixes were included in the 6.4 release of PEG Writing:
- Modernized layout – better use of content areas, improved scalability for mobile devices and smaller screen sizes, new lesson page layout
- Accessibility Tool updates – indicator of which tool is ‘on’; additional Color Contrast option, largest font size display improvements
- Improved email format validation
- Updated filters on the Prompt page
- Changed the validation message for stimulus material who’s file size is too large
- Changed “Edit Course Name” link in footer to “Edit Course”
The following enhancements and bug fixes were included in the 6.3 release of PEG Writing:
- Added 8 new graphic organizers
- Showing author's name to peer reviewer on the score report page
- Made the School/District field non-editable when creating a user
- Website stimulus material now opens in separate tabs
- Updated instructional text for specialized vocabulary advanced prompt feature
- Increased text spacing on credential recovery screen
- Updated accessibility tools
- New courses can now be added and saved in an inactive state
- Updated rules for displaying messages related to schools being inactive and/or expired
The following enhancements and bug fixes were included in the 6.2.1 release of PEG Writing
- Resolve issue causing Peer Review and Recommended fields to disappear in Prompt Advanced Options when a validation message is triggered
- Remove action associated with "No matching records found" text in any table
- Add validation rules to Textual Evidence and Content Accuracy scoring
- Make table column header font treatment consistent site-wide
- Display pop-up message warning loss of content to users who choose a new graphic organizer via double click vs using the next button
- Change all instances of Proctor to Teacher and Writer to Student
- Resolve issue causing the introductory screens for lesson 13 and the grammar exercises to load off-screen
- Improve messaging on the Credential Recovery screen(s)
- Make "ExternalID" field uneditable to teachers
- Remove contact us fields from the server error page
- Bb Teacher/Student Reports - Add Drilldown to Score Report Graphs
The following enhancements and bug fixes were included in the 6.1 release of PEG Writing:
- Improve vulgarity feedback in essays
- Update Blackboard help links and support pages
- Add drilldown to score report for Blackboard teachers and students
The following enhancements and bug fixes were included in the 6.0.12 release of PEG Writing:
- Resolve Grammar/Spelling comments "loading" error on draft/write page
- Remove Peer Review feature from Constructed Response essays/prompts