Your Course Home Page
Teachers and students are pre-registered for courses in PEG Writing, and their information is updated nightly. When you log on, you will be on the Home page. The Home page contains Student Writing History, so you can view your student's writing progress.
How to Change Course and Edit Course Name Links
If you have more than one course, the Select a Course page displays all of the courses that are registered to your login credentials.
- To change courses, click on the course name drop-down menu in the left corner of the page.
- You can also change courses by clicking on the Change Course link at the bottom of the page and selecting a different course from the list of your registered courses.
Edit Course Name
- You can click on Edit Course, also located at the bottom of the page under Helpful Links, to edit the course name, then click Save.
- NOTE: Clever clients are not able to change course names.
Selecting a Course
- The Registered Courses table lists each course by Course Name, Status, and Course Code, and Grade Level.
- Select All Courses from the Showing drop-down list to see all the courses associated with your account.
- You have unlimited access to courses with an "Active" status.
However, access to courses with an "Inactive" or "Closed" status is limited to managing reports.
At the bottom of each page are links to helpful documents and information.
- Click Guides to view the 2 Stars and a Wish and Peer Review guides.
- Click Rubrics to view PEG's scoring rubrics for the Six Traits of Writing and Constructed Response essays, as well as teacher-scored rubrics for textual evidence and content accuracy.
- Click Example Essays to view essays for all genres and grade levels along with explanations relating to their PEG scores.
- Click Help Center to access additional information and support.
- Click Graphic Organizers to download PDF versions of the program's graphic organizers.
- Click Frequently Asked Questions to access answers to common questions regarding the program.
- Click Change Course to view the Select a Course page and choose a different course.
- Click Edit Course to change the name of the currently selected course.
Student Writing History
- The Student Writing History table includes details about recent student writing activity including the date, student name, prompt name, step in the writing process, scoring status, number of peer reviews requested and received, and any messages.
- Click the Date to navigate to the student's Score Report for the specified prompt.
- Click the Messages to read and write comments to students within their Score Report.
Accessing the Writing Lessons
Teachers can utilize nearly 40 interactive lessons as classroom instructional tools for small and large group writing instruction. There are also grammar and passage exercises for student practice.
- To access a lesson, click on the Lessons tab.
- Lessons can be filtered by category and difficulty level.
- Click on the title or thumbnail and follow the instructions within each lesson.